What began as a unique experiment, where man was free to rule himself, led to the creation of the greatest, freest, and the most virtuous society ever to exist. Only in America was the individual in charge and the state was created to serve that individual and to ensure that his rights were not infringed upon. It is a beacon of hope in a storm of oppression, servitude, and barbarism. Just before his election as president, Barack Obama declared emphatically that “we are five days from fundamentally transforming America.” To better understand what he meant, one must look at the two pivotal words: fundamental and transform. From m-w.com:
Definition of FUNDAMENTAL
1a: serving as an original or generating source : primary <a discovery fundamental to modern computers>
b: serving as a basis supporting existence or determining essential structure or function : basic
2a: of or relating to essential structure, function, or facts : radical <fundamental change>
Definition of TRANSFORM
1a: to change in composition or structure
b: to change the outward form or appearance of
c: to change in character or condition : convert
Given the definitions, its apparent Barack Obama wants to completely change our countries course in all key areas. The question that one must then ask; what is the opposite of a free society, where the individual is left to rule himself? A system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party; Communism! Sound preposterous, but review the 10 measures the proletariat will use to bring about the full realization of the communist utopian dream, once they have the political power. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels wrote in the Communist Manifesto (1848):
- Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
- Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
- Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
- Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
- Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
- Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
- Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
- Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
- Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.
Progressives have been incrementally chipping away at our free society for the past 100 years to make it more like what Marx and Engels wrote about in the 1840’s. In fact, take a look at the Democratic National Platform and what Barack Obama is preaching and passing through unconstitutional executive orders. Obama hinted at his ambition for totalitarian dictatorship in 2008 when he said, “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times … and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK, That’s not leadership. That’s not going to happen.”
Every logical American can agree that the previous comment is crazy. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. (Bill of Rights) It is not too late to change course, 100 years of domestic isolationism has put us behind the eight ball, but we still have the blueprint to prosperity. Heck, we have veered so far from it – We can probably call the Constitution and the Bill of Rights “Hope and Change” and a “Fundamental Transformation”.